When you are working normally on the Windows Store, it might get closed by itself, and then you may see the exception code 0xc000027b. This error might appear due to bad configuration of Time and Date, which can cause not internet access. The exception code 0xc000027b can also appear when the Windows Store requires a forceful refresh. Or it might also appear when there is something wrong with the MS Store configuration. Let’s fix the exception code 0xc000027b error on Windows.
Solution 1: Set the PC Time and Date Correctly
If the PC time is set incorrectly, then you might see this exception error code 0xc000027b on the Microsoft App Store. To get rid of this frustrating error message, you might need to adjust the Time and Date of our device accurately according to your current location. See the below details for settings the Windows Time and Date correctly:
- Head to the Start Menu on your PC by tapping the Start button on the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Now type Run and then select the Run app from the results.
- The program will, and now you need to enter the timedate.cpl command in the Run dialogue box.
- Press Enter to initiate the command.
- This will open the Date and Time wizard for you.
- Click on the Date and Time tab from the upper menu.
- Press the Change date and time option.
- Choose the correct date and time according to your location and time zone. IF you make any minor mistake in the time settings, then it can cause Windows Store Crash Exception Code 0xc000027b.
- Once the time and date are set correctly, hit OK to save settings.
- Close the wizard and then reboot your device to experience the changes.
Solution 2: Using PowerShell to Refresh MS Store
In order to fix the Windows Store Crash Exception Code 0xc000027b, you might need to force Microsoft Store to refresh by using the Powershell command manager application. See the instructions mentioned in this method to stop this error:
- Hit the Start + R button on your keyboard to trigger the Run program.
- Once it appears on the screen, enter “powershell.”
- Tap Ctrl + Shift + Enter together on your keyboard to open the Powershell command manager.
- If the system asks you to confirm about opening the program with administrator privileges, then press Yes to grant the permission.
- In the Powershell window, copy the below command and then paste it
inside the PowerShell dialogue box.
- $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
- Hit the Enter key.
- When the command gets successfully accomplished, make sure to close the current programs and save all work.
- Then Restart your device to experience the changes.
Solution 3: Resetting Microsoft Store
To troubleshoot the Windows Store Crash Exception Code 0xc000027b message, the resetting of Microsoft Store might help. See the below instructions to perform MS Store reset:
- Open Command Prompt by typing cmd in the Start Menu search bar.
- Make sure to open the Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Enter the wsreset.exe command.
- Tap Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt window and then reboot the device.
Alex Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.