Getting notification alerts for all the email messages is sometimes very disturbing. It is good to put the notification alerts for those messages which are essential or received from the VIP contact. In case you are an iPad user and have iPhone Mail or iOS Mail, then you can limit notifications alerts for emails received from the VIP contacts by following the steps mentioned below.
Steps for Getting VIP Email Alerts in iOS Mail
In case you are setting up the iOS Mail on iPhone and iPad for announcing new text from the VIP contacts in a different way by with the unique tones and vibration, then follow the steps mentioned below to get VIP emails alerts in iOS mail:
• Open the “Home” display.
• Go to the “Settings” option.
• Click on the “Notifications” option.
• Select the “Mail” option below the “Notification Style” button.
• After that, click on the “VIP” button.
• Choose the preferred writing style so that you can write your essential emails in that style which is below the “Alert Style When Unlocked” option.
• In case you wish to disable the Visual context or pop up alerts, then you have to choose the “None” option.
• For having the email alerts from the VIP contacts which will be included in the “Mail application” symbol:
- Ensure that the “Badge Application” symbol is turned on.
- Click on the “Mail” option.
• For every email account:
- Click on the name of the email account.
- Ensure that the “Badge Application” symbol is not turned on. It will have the “Mail Application” symbol include emails alerts from the VIP contacts and messages will be in the watched list, in case the Badges Application symbol is turned on.
- Press on the “Mail” option.
- Press on the “VIP” button.
• In case you wish to put the iOS device into the vibration mode as the email alerts from VIP contacts, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the “Sounds” option.
- After that, press on the “Vibration” option.
• Choose the preferred vibratory pattern. For recording the new vibratory pattern for emails from the VIP contacts, then click on the “Create New Vibration.”
• Choose the “None” button for turning off the vibration sound.
• Click on the “Sounds” option.
• Press on the “VIP” button.
• For selecting the “Notification sound” for emails from the VIP contacts, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the “Sounds” option.
- Click on the preferred sound below the “Alert Tones” or “Ringtones” option.
- In case you have the notification alerts like sounds and vibration turned on, then it will be good to keep the entire list of VIP contacts instead of selecting a few contacts.
- Choose “None” option below the “Alert Tones” button for turning off the audible notification.
• Click on the “VIP” option.
• For including some information regarding the new emails, ensure that you should turn on the “Show Preview” option.
• If you like to get the email alerts on the screen after locking the iOS device, ensure that you should turn on the “Show on Lock Screen” option. In case you don’t like to get the email alerts from the VIP contacts after locking the screen of the iOS device and if you wish to stop the emails from showing on the front screen, then turn off the “Show Preview” option.
Karen Minton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.