You can follow two different methods to connect a wireless optical mouse to the system. For the first method, you can use Bluetooth which pairs to the system nano wireless receiver. For the second method, you can use RF wireless transmission which pairs to a nano wireless receiver that you have already plugged into the system. Here’s how to connect a wireless optical mouse.
Steps to Connect an Optical Mouse by Using Wireless Receiver
• Place a nano wireless receiver into the USB port.
• Ensure that the wireless mouse should have batteries on the backside of it.
• Enable the wireless mouse by sliding up the button given on the backside.
• Tap on the “Connect” option given at the upper side of the mouse.
• Now, you need to move the mouse pointer.
Steps to Connect a Wireless Mouse on Windows 10
• Go to the Start button. You can open the Start menu by pressing on the Windows symbol located in the extreme left-hand side of the display, or by clicking on the Windows button given on the system keyboard.
• Press on the Gear icon located near the end left-hand side of the Start option.
• Tap on the devices option given near the end of the webpage.
• Press on the Bluetooth and other devices option located on the left-hand column of the webpage.
• Press the button under the “Bluetooth” header. After pressing on it, this will turn the Bluetooth on.
• Enable the mouse. You have to find the enable or disable button given on the back side of the wireless mouse.
• Click on the “Pairing” option on the wireless mouse.
• Find the name of the wireless mouse.
• Press on the name of the wireless mouse after finding it.
• After that, tap on the Pair button.
Steps to Connect a Wireless Mouse on Windows 7
• Go to the Start window.
• Press on the Devices and Printers option. You will get this option on the right-hand column of the Start menu and under the Control Panel button.
• Tap on the Add a device option. It is located in the upper left-hand column of the Devices and Printers option.
• You have to enable the wireless mouse.
• Tap on the “Pairing” option provided on the wireless mouse.
• Press on the name of the wireless mouse given on the Manage Bluetooth device window.
• Press on the Next button.
• Let the wireless mouse complete its pairing process.
Steps to Connect a Wireless Mouse on Mac
• Go to the Apple window.
• Tap on the System Preferences option.
• Press on the Bluetooth button.
• Tap on the Turn Bluetooth On option.
• Enable the wireless mouse.
• Click on the “Pairing” option given on the wireless mouse.
• Let the name of the wireless mouse start appearing on display.
Karen Minton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.