Google Assistant is one of the best handiest tools which lets you connect with your iPhone and perform searches and different tasks even without moving your finger and works on spoken commands. Also, it is a functional virtual assistant who can easily open applications, pull up all the information, and perform a lot of other tasks. In case, you are facing any problem with the Google Assistant then you have to face a problem with compatibility, damaged data in the Google app, or other several issues.
Well, when Google Assistant first appeared then it only worked on very limited iPhone models. But currently, Google increased its compatibility. Still, your iPhone has to meet with precise specifications, in case, if your iPhone doesn’t fulfill the basic requirements which are discussed below, you can’t be able to run Google Assistant. Below are some requirements which you need to run the Google Assistant:
- Google app version 6.13 or higher.
- Google Play Services installed on the iPhone.
- Minimum 1.0 GB of memory.
- Set a compatible and preferred language.
- Android 5.0 or higher.
Sometimes, Google Assistant creates lots of problem in working; many users come across many problems while they are using the tool. Don’t worry, here are some troubleshooting steps which help you to resolve the issue by following stepwise guide. And the Google Assistant is compatible with your iPhone, but it is not working, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Google Assistant Won’t Work on iPhone Issue
Below are some steps which help you in fixing the issue, but sometimes these steps are more tricky and time-consuming. Alternatively, if you follow them in the same sequence as mentioned below will save you from unwanted bugs and glitches. Know how to do it:
Method-1: Enable your ‘Google Assistant’
- Firstly, launch the ‘Google App’ on the iPhone.
- Click on the ‘Hamburger’ menu located on the three line logo appears on the left side of the screen corner.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Inside the ‘Google Assistant’ section, click on the ‘Settings’ tab and press the ‘Turn On’ button.
Method-2: Enable ‘Okay Google’ Detection
- To enable it, follow the steps which are as follows:
- Click on the ‘Google App’ to launch it.
- Go to the ‘More’ option.
- Choose the ‘Settings’ tab.
- In the ‘Settings’ option, choose ‘Voice option.
- Then, select ‘Voice Match’ tab.
- Once chosen, confirm that ‘Access with Voice Match’ and ‘Unlock with Voice Match’ is enabled.
Karen Minton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.